Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa

You are currently viewing Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa
Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa

Are you aged between 18 and 30 and looking to live and work in the UK?

Then you might want to know more about the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa. This visa will allow you to live and work in the UK for up to two years. It also allows you to study here.

What do I need to apply?

You must have £1,890 in savings, be aged between 18 and 30, and want to live and work in the UK.

You can apply if you are from any of the following countries:

  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Japan
  • Monaco
  • New Zealand
  • Hong Kong
  • Republic of Korea
  • Taiwan
  • British overseas citizens, British Overseas Territories citizens and British Nationals (overseas) can also apply.

What if I have children?

You can not apply for this visa if you have children who live with you, or children you have financial responsibility for.

You also can not apply if you have already been in the UK under this scheme, or the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category.

The earliest you can apply is six months before you travel, but you should hear about your application within three weeks. If granted, you will be able to live and work in the UK for up to two years (24 months), and you can enter the country at any time while the visa is valid. You can also leave and return to the UK at any time during those 24 months.

But what if I turn 31 while in the UK?

Firstly, Happy 31st Birthday! Secondly, don’t panic! You do not have to leave the UK if your visa is still valid.

Can I apply for any job with this visa?

A Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa allows you to be employed by someone in the UK, where you will be allowed to work in most jobs. But you will not be allowed to work as a doctor or a dentist unless you qualified here and can prove that.

You also will not be able to work as a professional sportsperson with this type of visa. However, you can be self-employed. That’s right, with this visa you can set up your own company.

Conditions do apply. For example, you cannot own your own business premises, you cannot employ anyone, and your equipment must not be worth more than £5,000.

And there are other restrictions to be aware of. With this visa, you will not be allowed to extend your stay, receive public funds, or bring family members to the UK.

Applying for a visa can be daunting, but we are here to help. We can save you time, stress, effort, and money, by providing all the advice you’ll need to apply. So, book an appointment today, to start your journey to the UK.

please contact us on email or book an appointment Here

Leave a Reply