Obtain UK Sponsor Licence And Get Your Foreign Workers Into UK Compliantly

MichelleBelle Immigration Solutions helps companies achieve their goals on hiring foreign employees

MB Immigration Solutions
MBIS google review
MBIS google review
MBIS facebook review
MBIS facebook review
  1. Check your business is eligible. Click to register for your business assessment now!
  2. Choose the type of licence you want to apply for – this will depend on what type of worker you want to sponsor.
  3. Decide who will manage sponsorship within your business.
  4. Apply online and pay the fee.

When applying for a licence to hire workers with a UK sponsorship visa, you will need to factor in fees both at the initial application and recruitment stage, as well as ongoing licence management costs.

The implications of a refusal are much more significant. An application for a sponsor licence is likely to refused in situations where:

  • False documents have been submitted;
  • The company has previously held a sponsor licence that was revoked; or
  • The Home Office has requested further documents in support of the application and the applicant has failed to send the documents within the given time limit.

Where a sponsor licence application is refused the application fee will not be refunded and a ‘cooling off’ period will be imposed meaning the company will not be able to make another application until the cooling off period has passed.

Want to increase chance of approval? Register for your business assessment today!

The Home Office processing time for a Tier 2 Employer Sponsor Licence is 8 – 10 weeks. It is likely you will receive a pre-licence audit from a Home Office Compliance Officer.

A certificate of sponsorship (CoS) is a reference number which holds information about the job and your personal details.

Before you can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa to work in the UK, you need a job offer and a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) from a licensed sponsor

In order to apply for a Tier 2 UK visa, you must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from an employer with a Tier 2 Sponsorship license.

Your prospective employer must request and if granted, assign your CoS via their online Sponsor Management System account.

A Certificate of Sponsorship (Cos) can normally granted within one to two weeks of being requested.

However, the overall time can vary depending on a number of factors such as if Resident Labor Market Test (RLMT) is required, if the job is a Shortage Occupation and when the CoS request was made role, whether the sponsor already has a license or is just applying for one, and if the UKVI sponsor team are coming for an audit or not.

Typically, these certificates are granted within 2 weeks and it can also take a couple of weeks depending on several scenarios as described above.

In order to apply for most work visas, you’ll usually need to gain a job offer with sponsorship from an employer in the UK first.

However, you can apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa without sponsorship if you: Want to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years.

A Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship can be issued for either up to three years or up to five years in the first instance and can be extended up to the six year maximum permitted time on a Tier 2 visa.
Tier 2 is for full-time long-term/permanent employment in the UK. Tier 5 is for temporary work primarily on a supernumerary basis (e.g. internships).

    © Copyright – 2019 MichelleBelle